O.M.G. – We Did It Again!
As I mentioned on my “About Me” tab, I am an inspirational Author with two books on the market (seen above). This has been a “dream” in the making since my youth so let me tell you a little bit about how I got here!
I used to be an avid reader. I say “used to” because most of the authors were gradually replaced by a compilation of 40 writers who are tied up in a book called The Holy Bible. Though I attempt to incorporate other authors (Tony Evans, Charles Stanley, Michelle McKinney Hammond, Allison Bottke…) I don’t get to as often as I would like. I’m hoping to change that in 2017.
Anyway…I was a reading machine growing up. I enjoyed a variety of authors:
- Terri McMillan (Disappearing Acts, Waiting to Exhale, How Stella Got Her Groove Back)
- Robert Ludlum (The Bourne Identity series)
- Stephen King (Firestarter, Pet Cemetery)
- Walter Mosley (Devil in a Blue Dress)
- Danielle Steel (Changes, Full Circle)
- Jackie Collins (Lucky, Hollywood Husbands)
- Tom Clancy (Patriot Games, The Hunt for Red October)
- Alex Haley, Nora Roberts, Reader’s Digest, Mary Higgins Clark, etc.
As you can see I was all over the place, but I loved every last word. Each book left a mark on my heart that presented a panoramic future where anything was possible, if you believed! And, I did and still do believe: in faith, in overcoming, in being happy, in moving mountains, in love, in healing, in happily ever-afters, and more. Through reading, life became what you embraced in your own little heaven on earth.
In 2007, I began texting inspirational quotes generated from my morning bible readings. The response was really shocking, to be honest. I’d get responses back from people I didn’t know. When they’d say, “Thank you!“, “I needed that today!“, “How did you know I was going through that?!“, I was quick to confess: “I didn’t, but God did!” And, that remains true even today!
All I can say is: “WOW, Lord … WOW!“ and invite YOU to stay tuned for the road trip!