Pass or Fail, it’s all part of the sanctification process
In preparing for work this morning, I thought these random thoughts worthy of sharing:
- If I tell you to have faith but I walk by sight … contradiction
- If I talk about victory and but live defeated … contradiction
- If I say trust God but seek Man as my source … contradiction
- If I sing praises unto God but am ungrateful … contradiction
- If they need Jesus but I never share the gospel … contradiction
- If I cry woe is me but never seek the Comforter … contradiction
- If I write about joy but my attitude is wretched … contradiction
- If Christ is head of my life but my flesh reigns … contradiction
- If I love Jesus but hate any person for any reason … contradiction
- If I have a church home but seldom attend & support … contradiction
- If God’s Word is true but I agree with the world’s view … contradiction
- If I’m God’s child but He has no authority in my life … contradiction
- If I judge people’s sin and believe I’m righteous … contradiction
- If I’m always giving advice but won’t take correction … contradiction
- If I post this in all humility as my random thoughts on today and someone takes it personal and is offended … it’s a
[Eternal security is found “in Christ” and there is a plan already in place to guide you to that road: Romans 3:23, 6:23, 5:12, 10:9; 1 John 1:9]
Copyright © Speak True Life, Wanda J. Murry, January 30, 2019
Life viewed from the right angle is its own beautiful landscape…
It has taken a few weeks, but I am getting settled in my new home. The feelings of fatigue, anger, frustration and fear are all but gone. I had been in a head space that opposed my mental and spiritual well-being. My life seemed a dysfunctional hot mess. Mostly, I lacked the balances and boundaries needed to feel peace within and without. Regaining my equilibrium meant taking steps from my mental checklist:
- Make a home. It needed to be more than a place I occupied and filled with stuff; it had to embody my personality, my vision, my décor.
- Get revived. I had to make quality alone time with ABBA to once again enjoy the relational intimacy I craved as his daughter.
- Restore leisure. Enjoyable things that had fallen by the wayside like writing, reading, music, movies and bubble baths, were once again gaining their place in my life again.
Sometimes it’s easy to get off track in life with all the distractions this world has to offer. Distractions make it easy to forget how to enjoy the beauty of living. For me, this means taking time to enjoy my hermitic side without guilt; to step back from life’s crowding demands and just be; and, to get the rest I need to avoid feeling like a mindless, murderous zombie.
Sleeping under the stars from the vantage point I now have makes for sweet slumber and tranquil living. Though not as beautiful a view as the Norway image used for today’s blog, it will suffice as an anchor for my balancing act.
Whatever it takes for you to gain a balanced life, I surely encourage you to find it and continue your life on a beautiful journey.
Image by Eamon – Blogger at https://waywardwheeler.wordpress.com and https://www.facebook.com/waywardwheeler/. Used with permission.